Wednesday, April 8, 2009

Updates

Hello Swifts!

The last weekend was busy indeed. Here's a quick rundown of how we spent our time.

On Friday Clinton and Alyssa came over to the studio/our house and helped set up for recording with Brian and I. Actually Clinton Alyssa and Brian did most of the set up, I played a lot of FarCry2.

On Saturday the whole band, sans Alyssa, recorded for most of the day, and it went amazingly well. We didn't start an electrical fire, we didn't hate what we recordred, we didn't kill anybody, and most importantly we didn't record a single cover. By the end of the day we were all exhausted, or wrists and fingers swelled, and many of us had blisters. Plus I played a lot of FarCry2. The recordings we made on Saturday are pretty polished, and the set up we used for recording was a work of art on its own, incorporating four seperate rooms, including my bathroom. There are pictures too, which I'm sure will find their way to here.

On Sunday Brian Alyssa and I laid the vocals down. We have great takes of everything, and Clinton came over later in the day and we recorded the Flute and Oboe parts. Plus I played an absolute shit-ton of FarCry2, the game is just amazing! Brian has been mixing every since, and a rough cut should be done in a few days. I'm sure we'll post when the EP is ready to go, which shouldn't be too far from now.

Also, look out for show dates coming soon.

Here's a link to some pictures that Ian took at a practice of ours two weeks ago, enjoy!
http://s669.photobucket.com/albums/vv55/Parker3014/

No comments:

Post a Comment