Thursday, April 30, 2009

Common Swift and the Electric Mayhem


While I'm out wandering around Wisconsin digging holes in yards, finding golf balls by parks, and getting sunburned on 2/5 of my arms...well, my mind wanders. Today, it drifted off to the muppets. It wasn't a completely random jump - I was thinking yesterday that it would be great to live in Fraggle Rock, where you can dance your cares away and save your worries for another day. However, since we're not in Fraggle Rock, I actually do have to replace all of my car's brake pads, and I'm pretty sure that the dealership won't accept the Charleston as payment.

Today, though, I wasn't thinking about Doozers, or Sprocket, or car repairs. I was thinking - "if the band members were muppets, who would we be? OMG THERE'S A MUPPET BAND SWEET"

Which leads us to this - Muppet descriptions are courtesy of Wikipedia.

Dusty - Animal
Animal is "
named for his wild behavior and drumming."
Parker - Zoot, if Zoot played piano.
Zoot is a "
balding saxophone player...and generally a laid back fellow."
Me - Rowlf
Rowlf actually only played with the Mayhem in one episode. Sometimes it feels like I play with the band that rarely, because of the job. Ah well. Also, I'm brown, moderately fuzzy, and play the piano.
Strutt - Dr. Teeth, switching the keys for a guitar.
Dr. Teeth's first lines in The Muppet Movie
: "Golden teeth and golden tones, welcome to my presence." I'm not sure why, since Strutt doesn't have gold teeth, but this is fitting.
Alissa - Janice, minus the guitar
Janice "
was involved with Zoot in the first season of The Muppet Show, but paired up with Floyd Pepper at the start of season two." I'm not actually all that thrilled with this pairing, but Janice is the girl. She sometimes sings. Close enough for me. Also...Alissa? Parker? um...care to elaborate?
Clinton - Sgt. Floyd Pepper
Sgt. Floyd is the bass player. He is "
the most cynical member of the band and perhaps of the entire cast; in several episodes, he observes his fellow Muppet Show performers' backstage antics and pratfalls with great amusement and is not above outright laughing at them." Also, he's involved with Janice, so there you go.

7 comments: