Sunday, April 12, 2009

Band Look

As we move as a band from a generally rehearsal-oriented/writing phase to performing more out in the open, we probably have to settle upon a ‘look.’ Here is a photo of us at our Cheese Days show:

As you can see, we have several style, uh, issues. Now, I'm no fashion "guru" - many, many people can attest to that. However.
Dusty is in a who-knows-how-old Monroe Rebels soccer jersey. We can be somewhat grateful for that - at least he’s wearing a shirt (not always the case at practice). Alissa is wearing plaid pants. I suppose that’s unique - I can’t really claim to have ever heard of a band frontman (frontwoman?) wearing plaid pants. Parker is wearing different shorts than he was ten minutes before the show, due to a button fail. I am wearing SWEET shorts with a sort-of hippie shirt* and a holstein-themed bandana.

*On that note, does anybody know where I could find another one of these shirts? I am a huge fan of it and it is sort-of getting worn thin. Let me know.

Strutt - I kinda think if you're the guitar player and general heart of the band, it doesn't matter WHAT you wear.
Clinton - If I remember correctly, Clinton was rockin' an awesome beard today. You know what they say about beards - they grow on you.

So. That was our look in September.Follow the link on Parker's post below to see a series of pictures taken at one of our semi-recent rehearsals.

Brief observations:
I’ve developed a goatee-like growth on my chin (it’s gone now), Dusty has kept the bandana, and Alissa has un-plaided her pants. Parker is wearing his pants.
Same old story for Strutt - guitarists are cool, no questions asked.
Clinton yet again is making me feel horribly inadequate about my 'facial hair.'

Basically, we probably need to find a cohesive “look” - any suggestions, superfans*?

*Does anybody read this but us? Jody? Katie? Bueller? Bueller?

Ideas in the comments, s’il vous plaĆ®t.

-Jf

6 comments:

  1. I think Clinton is wearing the exact same shirt, pants, and hat combo from the September show in these recent pictures...does he have other clothes? Is he homeless? Let the rumors begin.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Correction...the shirt is different...sadness.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Quiet Parker, or they'll finally figure out we don't actually have a bassist, just a cardboard cutout we dress up in different T-shirts!

    ReplyDelete
  4. The pants are actually different as well, FYI. It's hard to tell since I only own khaki's and they are almost all about the same color.

    Also, I apologize, Jeff, for making you feel inadequate. My beard has an ego all its own.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yeah...there's a decent to good chance that I actually maintain the 'not shaving during the field season' goal this summer. We'll see how I feel about it then.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Her angel had been trying to protecther. I was ordered to be destroyed, but the man that created me sent me off into the world to live.
    mom son incest sex stories
    group masturbation stories
    bondage stories blindfold
    search nifty stories
    bdsm femdom toilet stories
    Her angel had been trying to protecther. I was ordered to be destroyed, but the man that created me sent me off into the world to live.

    ReplyDelete